Monday 14 June 2010

Morning Thunder

I don't have many vices thesedays but one thing I can't be without on a daily basis is a decent cup of coffee. I'm pretty lucky that within 5 minutes walk of my home there is one of the best bean emporiums in London, 'Tina We Salute You' which over the last year has become my oasis away from the stress of the streets of Hackney. The staff are welcoming and friendly, the coffee is second to none AND if you have a sweet tooth like me, their homemade cake selection will send you into ecstatic gastric shock. My personal favourite is the plum and marzipan slice...

http://tinawesaluteyou.com/



Searching around the net for coffee related images I stumbled across this excellent snap of Mr. A Pacino at NYC's legendary 'Cafe Reggio's' whose name was immortalized by composer Isaac Hayes on the original 'Shaft' soundtrack. Here is some jaw-droppingly boss footage in the studio during that album's recording session

1 comment:

  1. love tina we salute you!!
    can't do marzipan though!!
    how you doing joel!!
    im now permanantly linked to you via my blog (creamymeat):) :) :)
    check out the barely blended selections there.. (feel you may like my tribute to my old school and the film babylon)
    plus ive had a go at adjusting frank zappa :)
    would be good to hook up soon for chat and hackney coffee
    uncle jeff x

    ReplyDelete